Friday, March 20, 2009

The Jolly Knight Restaruant

Does anyone remember The Jolly Knight Restaurant in Garden Grove. It was located on Garden Grove Blvd. It was a lovely English restaurant with lots of antiques, double-decker bus in front along with a english taxi. Then when walking into the restaurant you were greeted by a pearl buttonman and a Knight in shining armour! My parents would go just for the piano bar and I remember the food being so delicious. I believe the Searle family owned it. What ever happened to the restaurant and the family.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it was my grandfather's. he passed away and his estate was distributed through the family. the name was ansell not searle.

    ReplyDelete

This is regarding the Jolly Knight! My family owned the restaurnt and it is truely a legacy that will live forever. For the anonoymous blogger who stated that his grandparents owned it, my family is very curious as to who this is?